Friday, March 25

'The Aldbourne Circular'

NFS

Last weekend I chose to go on a 12 mile circular MTB ...........what I didn't account for was the steep rutted ascents and bumpy descents ;-) ....but the weather was wonderful and it was great to ride in such an ancient landscape...... .http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Ridgeway/uploads/Aldbourne%20Circular%20Route%20Leaflet.pdf. Tomorrow I shall be up on the hills sketching and taking pics for my 'Malvern Hills' series - I do prefer landscapes with people.

This chalkland study was so different from the familiar sharp rock faces of the volcanic Malverns, and the beautiful mountains of Wales. I have tried to portray the unusual hazy heat of a hot spring day in England....... yes really!

For new 'followers' remember that if you click on my paintings you will see my brushwork and use of colour.