Sunday, July 3

'Up with the Skylarks'

NFS

I am having a hard time with my painting identity - the balance between fluid painterly brushwork and precision. I am still very much in the exploratory phase and trying to get the blend between the two just right. Many canvases are ending up in the bin or painted over - for risk of being too cramped I just decided to 'get on with it'............... and stop 'bimbling about'.

This painting is for my Art studies - the assignment called for Composition with Variety. I have tried to achieve this with colour, form and brushwork............. and I'm actually quite happy with it............. :-)
The inspiration was an early walk with my collie on the ridge, when the only life about were the skylarks, rabbits, me, 'Cap'................... and the morning sunshine...... wonderful.

This post should show my brushwork a little bit more clearly if you click on the painting.